Health > CGI Healthy Life | By CGI Holistic Wellness Center
Fall allergies can pack a punch, and can often lead in to colds, runny noses, and chest coughs, but if you know how to boost your immune system, the Fall becomes fun.
- Date: August 23rd
- Time: 6:30pm~8:00pm*
- Location: Location: Ruckman Park, Closter, NJ 07624 (Piermont Rd & Ruckman Rd)
- Admission Fee: FREE
- Admission Fee: FREE
* In case of inclement weather, this workshop will be held at CGI Wellness center (5:00PM~6:30PM)
As August ends, we begin to enter into the Fall season. Though most know this as Back to School time, another time also comes: Allergy Season. Fall allergies can pack a punch, and can often lead in to colds, runny noses, and chest coughs, but if you know how to boost your immune system, the Fall becomes fun.
As the leaves eventually begin to fall, we are faced with the wet, moldy allergies associated with cooler weather. Hay bales crop up, runny noses begin, and coughs start up.
1. Eat oranges for Vitamin C. Oranges and citrus fruits are best known for their cleansing and bacteria killing properties. Having an orange a day can help your immune system get ready for what lies ahead.
2. Rest well! Make sure to have at minimum 5-6 hours of sleep per evening. This should be restful sleep, where you do not toss, turn, or wake up. By sleeping well, your body is able to fully recharge itself.
3. Meditate! Meditation has been proven to lower stress, which is a big factor in lowering the functionality of your immune system. More stress equals lessened bodily functions. Through meditation, you can release your internal stress, which will make your organs breathe a sigh of relief.
4. Use essential oils to naturally boost your system. When applied to the soles of your feet, the healing property of essential oils can be absorbed into your cells within seconds.
5. Laugh! Laughing is a natural stress repellant. Through laughter, you stimulate your chest and abdomen to move more. Have you ever laughed so hard that you clutched your belly, or began coughing right after? If you have, it means that your laughter was able to clear out something!
6. Exercise! Exercise naturally helps the body to improve itself inside and out.
For more information on how to prepare your body for allergy season, CGI would like to invite you to our FREE outdoor workshop on Sunday, August 23rd in Ruckman Park (Closter) from 6:30 – 8 pm. Here, you can have a hands-on experience on how to boost your immunity, reduce your allergies, feel better faster, and have more energy! What better way to test what you have learned than by being outside?
For any questions, please contact us at 201-784-1300 or visit our informational page at http://www.cgifitness.com/?p=2360.