Feet reflexology is the practice of applying pressure to the feet utilizing specific thumb, finger and hand techniques with or without the use of oil based on a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet.
Around the world and throughout history, reflexology has been rediscovered time and time again. Archeological evidence points to ancient reflexology medical practices in Egypt (2330 BCE), China (2704 BCE) and Japan (690 CE).
Research has shown the specific techniques of reflexology to be effective and beneficial in many ways.
1. Stress reduction and relaxation.
2. Improves blood circulation
3. Pain management (reduction of pain)
4. Helps to manage blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar.
5. Benefits mental health
6. Complements cancer care: Pain, nausea, vomiting, and/or anxiety eased for chemotherapy patients
7. Eases pregnancy, delivery and post-partum effects
8. Reset body homeostasis.
How does feet reflexology work?
Reflexology works as the pressure techniques applied to the feet interact as a part of the body's nervous system creating: relaxation, improved circulation, exercise of the nervous system and the benefits of touch.
by Olga Ivashkov
CGI Holistic Fitness & Spa
call Olga for your reflexology session today!